As the summer draws to an end, the Club gets very active again in the Autumn.
Individual Pursuit Race: 31st August
In order to make it more exciting for all participants, the August Bank Holiday Pursuit Race (Monday 31st August) will be an INDIVIDUAL pursuit race. The top sailors from each fleet will start off from their usual PY start, but those lower down the fleet will be given a bit of a head start, starting earlier.
You will be told your start number when you sign on to race, so please sign on as soon as you get to the Club. Datum is at 11.00am, with the Optimists starting just after 10.30am.
Do come down and join in the fun – whatever your standard, you should have a good race (and the opportunity to win!).
Optimist Qualifiers: 5th / 6th September
Draycote has the privilege of hosting the late summer Optimist Ranking Event the first weekend of September. This is going to be a fantastic event and the largest seen at Draycote for some time.
We will have kids training in the days leading up to and many arriving on the Friday evening. We will have the bar open Friday eve, Saturday all day and Sunday, Hog roast on the go on Saturday afternoon and food in the wet bar available all weekend.
Club racing and Get Racing will run as normal on Sunday 6th September.
During the weekend, parking to the west of the clubhouse will be restricted only to windsurfers in the far car park. Our visitors will be required to park in the ST Pay & Display Car Park, which should ensure ample parking for members in the main Club car park.
If you would like to be part of this please let Dave Rowe (hyperlink to e-mail) know as he has a list of tasks that we need help with over the weekend. Any time given would be much appreciated.
This amount of boats is a sight not to be missed so please come down and have a look. Without doubt, some of GB’s future Olympians will be on the water!
Get Racing: 6th September
The first Sunday of the month and so it’s time to Get Racing (for Novices & Juniors). All the usual details: Gather ready to sail on the patio at 10am. Club boats available to hire for free. Full briefing and on-the-water coaching supplied by Elizabeth & Tim Fillmore.
Bart’s Bash: 20th September
Last year’s Bart’s Bash was a great success at Draycote & worldwide (largest sailing event ever!). This year it is being repeated (aiming to be one of the world’s largest sporting events); at Draycote we will me making it even more special as the Club Regatta.
- Mass participation Bart’s Bash race, simple course.
- For all members: any standard and in any craft.
- Class starts for any fleet with 5+ boats signed up on the Bart’s Bash website by 16th Sept. Slowest fleets will start first.
- Special prizes for different categories.
- Tom Pearson Trophy for highest placed novice helm who has participated in Get Racing this year.
- Club boats available for hire for free (recommended to book in advance).
- Special lunch (like a BBQ or Hog Roast).
- Games & family fun in the afternoon including an on-the-water team pursuit race in Picos for children aged 6-15 (teams of two people – please sign up with Dave Rowe), plus other children’s activities.
- Windsurfers are very welcome in the Bart’s Bash race (and some have already signed up!), but we will also be holding a special windsurfer race in the afternoon, with entries for both those using their own equipment and those using the club boards. The exact format will depend on wind conditions.
- Raise money for the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation – see www.bartsbash.com
We are hoping to have an empty boat park and all the boats on the water, so please come and sail with us!
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact Dave Rowe.