Welcome to our July edition of Mailchimp. Here’s what is coming up this month:
Kids using the Club
Wednesday Evening OD Instructions
Club Sailing Instructions
Corporate hire / Team days
As with every year we are getting a good number of bookings for our Kids Summer Courses which begin week commencing 24th July.
To help promote ourselves a bit more this year we have an advert on the radio. If you haven’t heard it already, tune into 107.1 Rugby FM and listen out for it.
KIDS USING THE CLUB OVER THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS
As the summer holidays are approaching here’s a reminder of the Youth and Junior rules at the Club.
- No juniors under the age of 14 are to be left on site without an adult.
- Juniors 14 and over can be unsupervised but an EMERGENCY CONTACT name and telephone number MUST be provided on the signing on sheet.
- Juniors can hire club boats with the usual hire charge. Please check with the Waterside Reception on availability beforehand due to demand from the summer courses.
The coached Get Racing is happening again this coming Sunday 2nd July. Briefing will be at 10:15am. Club boats are available free of charge (for the first three outings this year). And, a reminder that the Youth & Novice start for the first race every Sunday (Start 6) counts towards a monthly mini-series with prizes presented at Get Racing the following month.
Following consultation with the RYA, the Committee have agreed to allow foiling windsurfers at Draycote to join the only other foiling craft currently allowed, International Moths. There are a few additional Regulations covering foiling craft which can be found in Regulation 7.3 here.
We hope that this move will allow windsurfers to enjoy using the club in a greater range of wind strengths.
WEDNESDAY EVENING OD INSTRUCTIONS
Following a number of occasions when the Wednesday night OD teams have not provided adequate results we have had to admit that the instructions and recording sheets were not helping them. These have been thoroughly reviewed and a new set of Wednesday-only instructions and recording sheets have been produced. We hope this will make the role of the OD team clearer and easier and will mean we get results that can be used rather than the evening’s results scrapped because of poor recording. The new instructions can be found here.
CLUB SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The L flag was hoisted on Monday to indicate a new set of Club Sailing Instructions have been released. The only change is regarding the Pursuit race series to clarify what a series result is based on (the helmsman sailing the same class with the same handicap). Again the SIs can be found here.
We are trying to promote ourselves more by offering a unique venue for hosting corporate away days, conferences and events for team building with a difference, groups can even try sailboat racing!
- Central location in stunning countryside with easy access and free parking.
- Conference rooms for hire, various sizes with stunning views of the water, break out areas and equipped with TV’s, projectors, flip charts, WIFI and tea and coffee on tap.
- Catering including breakfast and luncheon buffets, or weather permitting, outdoor dining on the club’s large patio with locally sourced barbecue food.
- Sailing Activity involving familiarization with two 20 foot racing boats under the guidance of a qualified skipper and then finishing with a regatta with teams sailing against each other in a head to head race series.
Please see the following video to find out more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukNp2If1oFs
Get Racing Sunday 2nd July
Midlands Optimist Open Saturday 15th July (1 day only – approx 20-30 boats)
Y&J SB20 session Friday 28th July
If you have anything you would like to include in any of our future Mailchimp emails then please send details to email@example.com
Draycote Water Sailing Club