Stand Up Paddleboarding is now available at Draycote Water with the option to hire our boards/kit or bring your own.
Introduction session £25 – only for people hiring our boards/kit, covers hire T&C’s, safety information & paddle techniques.
- Non-member 1 hour board/kit hire £20 – safety briefing given when hiring kit
- Member 1 hour board/kit hire £10
- Non-member Day launch with own board/kit £10
- Member launch fee with own board/kit £2
To book an Introduction Session or check for availability/restrictions on the day, please call us on 01788 811153 / 814418.
As we are a Members Club the activity has been primarily focused on our members with discounts for them. If you were to SUP regularly then it may be worth becoming a club member with Individual membership at just £28.42 per month (direct debit)/£341 per 12 months although on a pro-rata basis in the first year of membership. Other Membership options are available for families, juniors and under 25’s – click HERE to find out more.
Paddleboard Terms and Conditions
- Only SUP or wind SUP boards with a leash may be used. Sailboards or any other board similar to a SUP board may not be used for Stand Up Paddleboarding.
- The leash must be worn at all times and the SUP must stay within the designated area for the day as advised when signing on in the Waterside
- Only one person is permitted on a SUP board at any one time who must have completed the DWSC SUP induction and safety briefing.
- The use of SUP boards may be restricted or suspended during extremely busy times or in certain weather
- Anyone intending to use a SUP board must sign on in the Waterside Reception and collect an armband before going afloat and sign off and return the armband when coming ashore.
- No boat / board should go on the water without having signed in either on the signing on sheet or on the race entry sheet having filled in all the details required and naming the people in / on the boat / board. On returning to shore the boat / board should be signed off on the same sheet.
- SUP boards may only use the water if the daily fee has been paid for that board, the craft is seaworthy and has adequate buoyancy and the craft is insured against third party risks to the value of £2,000,000.
- Sailing / Stand Up Paddleboarding is not permitted within 30 metres of the shore except along the Club shoreline, nor, during the fishing season, within the buoyed area in Toft Bay, or within 80 metres from Draycote Bank (bank to the North-West of the reservoir near the water pumping tower). Landing in an exclusion area is allowed only in an emergency. The Club pontoon is to be used only by the committee boats and rescue
- During the months of November, December, January, February and March, all sailors and Stand Up Paddleboarders on the water shall wear exposure proof clothing. For the purpose of this instruction ‘Exposure proof clothing’ shall mean at least an adequate expanded neoprene wet suit providing protection from neck to ankle or a dry suit providing watertight cover from neck to ankle
- The safety of any craft and its entire management including insurance shall be the sole responsibility of the owner and / or sailor sailing / Stand Up Paddleboarder paddling the craft. The establishment of these rules in no way limits or reduces the complete responsibility of the owner and / or the sailor / paddler for his crew, his craft and the management.
For full Sailing Club regulations, see HERE