The new membership year is coming up shortly and we’re looking forward to the summer season starting.
If you need to make any changes to your membership before it renews (contact details, addresses, boats etc.) please log in to WebCollect or email Rebecca in the office on email@example.com
Here’s what you need to do depending on how you renewed last year:
- Direct Debit: No need to do anything, it will continue as usual
- Bank transfer: You’ll receive an automated email on 1st April with bank transfer instructions
- Card (on WebCollect): Log in to your WebCollect account and make a card payment
- Cheque/Cash/Card (in person): Please call in to the shop or office to make payment
(You can change your payment method by letting us know before 1st April so we can update WebCollect.)
We will be having a tidy up of the trailer graveyard and to do this we need to identify everybody’s trailers. When you collect your new membership stickers, you’ll be given a trailer tag to go and put on your trailer. By October, we will be looking to remove any unidentified trailers.
RUGBY SPORTS AWARDS
The Club has achieved a bumper set of shortlisting in the 2021 Rugby Sports Awards.
- Club of the Year: Draycote Water Sailing Club
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Harry Sayers
- Excellence in Sport Award: Millie Irish & Jessica Powell
- Young Sportsperson of the Year Award: Millie Irish
- Coach of the Year Award: Steve Irish
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award: Ethan Cheshire
The Award ceremony will take place on Wednesday 6th April (so forcing the nominees to miss Wednesday evening sailing). We wish all those short-listed every luck on the evening!
IMPROVER GROUPS – GUIDES NEEDED
Improver Groups start on 3rd April and we still need experienced members to lead the sessions. You can commit to as many, or as few sessions, as is convenient for you.
You’ll be sailing a simple course with them, answering questions, and generally making them feel welcome to the Club.
CLUB RACING DOCUMENTS
Race sheets/manual etc are currently being updated by the Committee and will be on the website this week before the summer series starts on Sunday.
After consultation with the fleet captains, the format is unchanged from last year. The OD procedure for recording results on Sundays will be slightly different, please consult the new OD manual before doing your duty.
Printed copies are now available in the bar, wet bar and shop.